What is Foreign Exchange to Me?

"A year of of my life. My life in a year."

Google Translate (Google Übersetzer)

Friday, July 29, 2011

Yay for Flughäfen!


"Where are you going to school now?"
"Schiller Gymnasium."
"Is that an athletic school...?"

I talked to my second host-Dad the other day who so kindly pointed out to me that I am flying into Bremen instead of Hanover, which would not be a problem except for the fact that Bremen is 200 kilometers away from Hamlin, while Hanover is only 70 kilometers. He assured me that I would get picked up no matter how far away it was, but we was confused nonetheless (keep in mind this entire conversation took place in German. I don't speak German. That was fun. :p ) Nonetheless after a lot of chaos and time deadlines, we switched my flight so now I will be flying to Hanover from Frankfurt, which I am extremely grateful for because the less traveling I have do, the better. I'm already looking at at least 22 hours plus a 9 hour time change. Talk about the journey of a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, I agree, the less driving the better after a long flight! So, are you going to school there? What will you study? Yesterday was fun, but we wiill miss you lots! I can't wait to hear (read) all about Germany and your new friends! Love you lots, Auntie Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go to school there (the Schiller Gymnasium) but I won't find out what I am studying until the the first day of school (August 17th, which coincidentally is the first day of school for most people here too). I cannot wait!!!
    <3
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Days in Germany