What is Foreign Exchange to Me?

"A year of of my life. My life in a year."

Google Translate (Google Übersetzer)

Friday, July 22, 2011

Where Has the Time Gone?


Less than three weeks until my flight to Germany! I received my flight itinerary two days ago while on Summer Cruise with my sailing crew (my mom texted me to tell me it came in the mail). I'm good to go though! I will fly out of San Francisco, California on 9 August 2011 at 8:45 a.m. to then land in Pennsylvania, where I will then fly to Frankfurt, Germany and then to Bremen, Germany where I will finally drive to Hamlen from there.

Overall not including transferring of flights or anything to that sort, I will be traveling for approximately 16 hours, not to mention the additional time to check luggage and all that good stuff. It will definitely be a long day(s).

My first host family as well as the siblings from my second family (my host parents will be working) will greet me at the airport as I arrive and then I will go from there to live with my first family in a room that is apparently bright green and has dolphins on the wall.

I left summer cruise a few days early (I got home today) so that I will have a few extra days to say goodbye to my family and friends and so that I will have more time to pack because I have barely opened my suitcase. I have been so busy the past few weeks and I have not even been hone the past seven days.

This will truly be the experience of a lifetime. I cannot wait to officially meet everyone in Germany in mere days.

1 comment:

  1. Angie! I hope you have a wonderful time in germany! Try and go to Karlsruhe! It's about 20 mins away from the boarder of France! :) It's great! It has two great american libraries and cute cafés. :)

    ReplyDelete

Days in Germany